Sunday, May 23, 2010

Gorgeous Blogger Awards!

Excuse me to interrupt the sneak peeks for a moment to make a special announcement:
We were nominated for an award. Congratulations! I say that to each of you swappers because you make the blog what it is. I'm so glad I started having each of you post your goodies because it makes this blog so exciting!! It's like we get a taste of each of you and that is so much better than just little ol' me. So, without further ado...

This award was given to us by our very own, Lyndsey from Lyndseys Craft Spot , who has an amazing craft blog of her own. Hop over there soon, she is about to do a giveaway, and if it's anything like all the other fun stuff she's made, it's gonna be good!!

Here are the rules of this fun little game :)
1. Accept and thank the person who sent it to you.
2. List 10 things about yourself.
3. List 5 additional things you don't like.
4. Pass the award on to 10 other bloggers.



Thank you Lyndsey for the award! I am honored, and to each of my swap sisters, you should be too!! Ok, onto 10 things about me... um:
1. My family is my everything! I have a wonderful husband of almost 7 years, a 3 year old and a 16 month old. I love my boys!
2. I LOVE crafting. I love getting ideas from others and twisting them with my own ideas to create something new and fun.
3.  I'm a bit of a blog-aholic. It seems that anytime things are under control in the household, I slip into my craftroom/office to browse a bit. I swear I get energy from other bloggers and always walk away refreshed!
4. I love helping people. I feel like I have been given so much, so how can I not give a bit of my time and energy to others? I get so excited when I think of a way I can help someone else, even if it is very small.
5. I love a good oreo milkshake. If I don't have the energy to make one, dipping oreos in milk is a good alternative. Double stuffed, baby!
6. I love the change of the seasons. I don't usually like change, so this is a good way to have some change in my life without causing any stress! I also love decorating for seasons and holidays, which is why Seasonal Swaperoos may just be the best idea I've ever had :) 
7.  My favorite thing to do on a Saturday is a walk to the park or pool with my fam.
8. I hate flying. I always get scared, and usually get sick. Something about airports and airplanes just freaks me out! Especially when it's me+2 kids VS. airplane.
9.  My name is usually mis-pronounced. It's not Kristi or Kiersti, it's Kirsti-- rhymes with thirsty! In fact, some people call me Thirsty Kirsti :) And my full name is Kirsten.
10. I don't really enjoy cooking, but I love baking-- especially dessert. I mostly enjoy eating it.


Oh, oops, I should have saved that for what I dislike...
1. I don't love cooking :)
2. I dislike cleaning
3. I hate spiders and bugs. yuck!
4. I think unkind words are completely unnecessary :)
5. I dislike being tired. Sometimes I stay up way too late (like right now.) but this is fun!


Ok, now onto the FUN PART!! And now, a round of applause to the new 10 winners of this Gorgeous Blogger Award. Some of my favorite craft and inspirational blogs, taken from our very own swap team. Thank you, all of you for your inspiration and your georgeous-ness.
1. Lolly Jane Boutique: some great DIY projects and pretty much fantastic ideas
2. A-F Creations: home decor and wood projects and a few yummy recipes thrown in there
3. Boytique: quiet books and ties for men and little boys. We need more little boy blogs like this!
4. Beautiful Baby Boutique: pretty much everything you need to accessorize your beautiful baby
5. Localicious: features talented artists in the Northern Utah area, giveaways are not uncommon here!
6. Create Celebrate: creating with a budget, I love the title; creating and celebrating really go hand in hand!
7. Parker Jane Boutique: vinyl and wood art and holiday decor
8. Because I Can't Have Babies: a spiritual journey of her infertility world; I love the Finding Faith Fridays
8. Crazy Crazy Life: up-cycled makeovers, beautiful quilts, paper art and hand-painted designs
9. Oopsey Daisy: tons of fantastic creations- one of those blogs where you could get lost for days clicking links of loveliness!
10. We Are All Mothers: experiences with infertility, miscarriage, loss and adoption- this is a great "power up" blog, celebrating womanhood and spirituality


My goodness, am I inspired by each of you. Thank you so much for being a part of our swap group. I love your blogs and I love your creations! When you have some time, grab a Gorgeous Blogger Button and take a few minutes to talk about yourself and the gorgeous blogs that inspire you. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kirsti! I totally accept. I will try to post tonight or tomorrow....our kitchen & bathroom are being fixed. I've been meaning to be a better blogger, and you've motivated me. I've done a lot I need to post about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun blog, and it totally deserves it! That award is super cute too!
    P.S. Swaperoos just received a similar award c/o yours truly. Yes, I really love this blog! :)

    ReplyDelete